Saturday, November 1, 2014


What a Difference a Week Makes


This week’s edition is going to be short and sweet.

Last week I was disgruntled, and struggling to get regruntled. My disgruntlization had to do with three topics: One about politics, one about the entertainment industry, and one about the loss of my publisher and the fact that Profile was now an orphan.

I can’t do anything about the first two, but the third I’m cool with now. In fact, I’m stoked! I’ve decided to adopt!

That’s right, I’m working on self-publishing Profile, as well as Private Messages, the second book in what is now a trilogy. (I’m still working on the third book, but that has slowed a bit with these latest developments. I hope to immerse myself in writing it again once the publication issues are settled.)

One thing I mentioned in last week’s installment of Grey Matters had to do with starting a street team. I mentioned that I had never had anything to do with a street team before, so it’s all new to me. But now that I’m going this route, I’m interested. Anybody who wants to be part of my street team, Grey’s Stokers, let me know! Send me an e-mail describing your past experience in street teams, your level of schooling, political affiliations, any family history involving literary pursuits, any ideas for stories that I might be able to plunder, suggestions for character names, enemies you’d like to see killed in a story, your thoughts about Renée Zellweger's face, general gossip, etc.

Okay, scratch that. Just let me know you’re interested.

I’m also kind of stoked about the name, Grey’s Stokers. I think it’s cool that it makes not one, not two, but three literary references. Even though it has nothing to do with Bram Stoker’s Dracula, or Edgar Rice Burrough’s Tarzan (Lord Greystoke). Just me, Haydn Grey.

Okay, it’s flimsy, but I still think it’s cool.

Anyway, if you’re interested in helping me on the road to unparalleled fame and fortune, send me an e-mail. Who knows? I might have some stuff for you along the way, too.


Gotta go now. This book ain’t gonna format itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment